Crookwell Veterinary Hospital is pleased to offer the services of a professional dog and cat groomer.
Fiona Hudson is our very experienced groomer. In addition to her 20 years grooming pets, she is a veterinary nurse with significant experience in city practices.
Fiona will undertake breed specific clips (for example, for schnauzers, bichons and poodles) and she is renowned for her expert and gentle handling of pets during the grooming process. She uses positive reinforcement throughout the process (often backed up with tiny liver treats much loved by our patients). Should a pet require sedation – a very rare occurrence with Fiona’s handling skills – our staff will always contact the pet’s owner first.
CVH grooming care includes:
- All animals are hand dried, not cage dried.
- Each pet is hand washed and we use only the best quality veterinary dog and cat shampoos and conditioners.
- As part of the grooming process, each pet receives a gentle ear and eye clean, a nail trim and anal gland expression (if required).
- If fleas are noticed, a flea treatment is used and we can help with a regular ongoing flea control program.
- The grooming procedures available include breed specific clips, lion and other clips for cats as well as shampoo and blow-dry, full clipping for very matted coats, long hair strip-outs and simple shampoos with a blow-dry.
A number of our veterinary nurses are also experienced groomers and regularly undertake more therapeutic grooming. For example, giving an annual clip to longhaired dogs before the grass seed season, or doing full clips on dogs and cats with very knotted coats.
Please call us on (02) 4832 1977 to make an appointment, either with Fiona or our nursing staff. Fiona attends CVH for a full day’s grooming every 1-2 months, depending on the number of appointments, or our experienced nursing staff can assist. Please don’t hesitate to ring us if you have any questions about the grooming process.